Gmail Mail: Email messages do not forward to Gmail account
Gmail mail may block messages from e-mail forwarders or mark them as spam. This article describes an alternative way you can use Gmail to access messages from another account.
You set up an e-mail forwarder in cPanel that forwards messages from an e-mail account to Gmail. However, Gmail blocks the message or puts it in the spam folder.
Here is another scenario where e-mail forwarders appear to fail:
However, this behavior is by design to prevent possible email loops.
If you experience problems with forwarded messages not reaching Gmail, you can configure a Gmail account to access another e-mail account directly. In this configuration, you do not set up an e-mail forwarder; instead, you access messages in the other account using your Gmail inbox.
To set up this configuration, follow these steps:
- Disable any e-mail forwarders you have set up that forward messages from the A2 Hosting account to the Gmail account.
- Log in to the Gmail account.
- Click the Gmail settings icon (), and then click Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- In the Check mail from other accounts row, click Add a mail account.
- In the Email address text box, type the e-mail address that you want to access from Gmail, and then click .
- In the Username text box, type the full e-mail address of the A2 Hosting account (for example, [email protected]).
- In the Password text box, type the password for the A2 Hosting account.
- In the POP Server text box, type your A2 Hosting server name.
For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the Port list box, select 995.
- If you want to keep copies of messages on the A2 Hosting server, select the Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server check box.
If you do not select this option, Gmail will download messages and automatically remove them from the A2 Hosting account.
- Select the Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail check box.
- If you want to apply a label to messages, select the Label incoming messages check box and select a label.
- If you want to automatically archive new messages, select the Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox) check box.
- Click Your mail account has been added message. If you do not receive this message, verify the information you provided in steps 6 to 10, and then try again.
. You should receive a
- Click No, and then click Finish.
- E-mail forwarders
Learn how to configure e-mail forwarders in cPanel so you can automatically forward messages from one account to another account.
- Import e-mail accounts and forwarders
You can use cPanel to import lists of e-mail addresses and forwarders all at once, which can save you a lot of time and effort.